The start of this book has pirates and how Lila was in a certain situation immediately hooked me. I was worried when I picked this up that I wouldn't remember much about the four Londons or the magic system or the characters and I remembered pretty much everything.
Surprisingly this was my favorite over the first. I was intrigued with everything and loved the characters. The 4 star rating is definitely worth it but I did dock a star because it took me a week and a half to get through and I am not a slow reader. I just put it down and I sometimes had to hype myself to pick it up because the constant descriptions of the same thing, settings, magic feeling, how the characters were bruised was annoying as hell.
With the ending being a cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what happens to Kell, Rhy, Alucard and Lila. Did Lila survive at the end and make it. Is she an Antari for real. Is Rhy and Alucard going to try to save Kell?

I really like the book cover but don't think this genre is for me. Hope you like the follow up books too.
ReplyDeletehttps://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/04/book-reviews-afterparties-and-rachel.html