Sunday, June 28, 2026

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

 


DNF at 40%.

I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with him 10 years ago, and that she blames herself for it seems very selfish in my opinion. She also blames this for her mental breakdown... which I question.

This also gave me the ick when she was talking about the baby's missing fingers and that the baby wouldn't be able to flip anyone off with her left hand and that she wont be able to wear a wedding ring if she was into that sort of thing when she is older. The fact that she only thought of those things, and not what she will probably go through as a child and possible bullying, shows that Darcy is not a good character and that she has no compassion for the things that truly matter.

Also her theory on the porn and censorship and what she would do as head honcho would be a complete overhaul. But Darcy, during your mental breakdown, you were offered a management position in the library and you turned it down.

I truly do not understand darcy as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...