Back in December of last year, I was watching tv with my kids and we saw the trailer for the Dog Man movie that came out last month. We all got excited and my kids have got me to start the series. I am going to be combining my reviews of the books in these posts, because there isn't much to say.
I used to read the Captain Underpants books growing up and I knew that this would be stupid silly humor. The first chapter where Dog Man becomes Dog Man, I was kind of grossed out. Also Dog Man is the same exact color of my pitbull lab mix puppy Pizza. So everytime that the chief yelled at Dog Man and Dog Man was upset, I wanted go hug and cuddle my pup.
The second chapter about the evil Mayor made me chuckle because my town has a really horrible feud going on where half the town hates out mayor and the rest are on the side of the mayor and there was a big argument about the town Christmas tree and it was so stupid but it was relevant in a way.
Finally reading the second volume in the middle of May. The movie will be coming on Peacock at the end of the month and I also really need to catch up to my goodreads goal. I am 5 books behind, so I will be getting this one and volume three knocked out this week. So far in chapter 1, it is just a recao of how Dogman came to be and of course, once again I need to cuddle my dog Pizza.
I cant handle Dogman being upset and looking sad. Especially when being called obnoxious, which they are. The flip o rama haiku was so cute. The pet store owner asking Dogman what he had to say for himself and Dogman squeeking the ball is so relatable. Flippy the evil fish eating all the brain dots and his brain growing eleven sizes. The cops are truly idiots...lol. Flippy is impersonating Petey and he robbed the pet store. Dogman and the pet store is not a good combo.
I was shooketh reading the part where everyone was chasing Petey after he stunned them with the love ray. It was very creepy, especially the grandma chasing him and saying she wanted "tender vittles". Like what does that mean???
We watched the movie before I got to the third book and the movie is a mix of a good bit of the first 4-5 books according to my kid. This one has me giggling everytime I start a new chapter because A Tale of Two Cities is one of my favorite classics, and seeing spoofs and parodies is hilarious.
There is one section I can't get past and once again, it is Dog Man looking sad and he is being told to look sad. My dog looks sad everynight when I am cooking dinner because I wont share the food. Also Dog Man hiding beind the plant. Why is this so relatable to my dog???
The part where Lil Petey is left in the free kitty box and that whole section of the book being in the movie was not as sad as it actually is in the book. It shows the emotions of Petey being sad that Lil Petey was upset and he didn't pull his box into the road.
Petey being sad seeing Lil Petey sleeping is so relatable because I look at my kids and pets that way. Petey making the puppet of Dog Man cracked me up. Lil Petey falling asleep with the DogMan puppet is so cute.
The "evil robot" 80-HD being friends with Lil Petey was cute. It is weird that most of the Dogman movie was basically this book more than the first two books. The fact that dental floss and french salad dressing was used to help destroy the living buildings.
I like book Petey more than the movie Petey and that is just because I dislike Pete Davidson with a passion and cannot see him in the father role or hear his nails on a chalkboard voice when I read Petey. I do wish that they kept the motorcycle hang glider scene in the movie, but oh well.
I LOVE the very end where it talks about reading skills and kids reading outloud to their dogs because it has benefits and dogs don't judge if you mess up. I love reading out loud to my kids and my dogs are always there right in my kids laps and when my kids have independent reading, the dogs are right there with them. I honestly think that reading outloud benefits dogs as well, because when I am the one reading or my kids, my dogs are so calm and cuddly and they sleep so deeply.
I do think book three is my favorite of the series so far but it may be because of the movie, but the books are kind of better than the movie. I will be reading the rest of the series this year.



No comments:
Post a Comment