Tuesday, September 28, 2021

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorite Books of 2021 (so far)

 


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing my top ten favorite books of the year so far. I try to at least write one book title down each month that I really enjoyed, even though I don't consider it an all time favorite. I do have reviews of all of these on my blog if you care to read about my thoughts and sheer enjoyment of them. 












27 comments:

  1. Within These Wicked Walls looks so good. I can't wait to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read Jane Eyre so don't know how much of the original story was included, but this was the right amount of spooky and I got a little scared while reading it because my husband scared me at a good point in the story.

      Delete
  2. I love these kind of lists because they help me add to my TBR list. If they are favorites they deserve to be checked out. Books I don't like as much as everyone else seems to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome. I highly recommend House of Rougeaux, Within these Wicked Walls and Iron Widow.

      Delete
  3. Love that Cassandra Clare cover, and have been wanting to try her books for a while. Maybe soon. Iron Widow sounds amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra Clare has grown on me. Iron Widow is such a fantastic read. It is Pacific Rim meets The Handmaid's Tale

      Delete
  4. I read and loved Iron Widow as well this year. I follow Xiran's youtube channel as well. She makes some very interesting content.
    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished reading Iron Widow the day it was released in stores and was immediately telling my husband that I needed the second book like now...lol. I did not know that she has a youtube... I will have to check that out.

      Delete
  5. These are all new to me! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy them if you decide to pick any up

      Delete
  6. I read Siege and Storm before the TV show came out, I think I preferred the show on this occasion. Happy reading! https://readwithstefani.com/ten-books-about-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first book and then watched the show and when I read Siege and Storm, I could picture the characters better... especially Ben Barnes!!!!

      Delete
  7. A few secretive books on your list this week! My year is just a bit messy reading wise, so I don't know which books will make it yet.

    Happy TTT!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, which books are secretive. Hopefully that when the times comes to choosing your fave books of the year that it will come easily to you.

      Delete
  8. Happy Tuesday, Kelly! I still need to Finnish reading th eLeigh Bardugo books. I watched the Netflix Shadow & Bone series, and really enjoyed it.

    I've had House of Rougeaux one my TBR for almost three years now. I'm glad to hear you ennjoyed it.

    Here is my Top Tuesday post for this week:
    https://introvertinterruptedcom.wordpress.com/2021/09/28/books-that-got-me-through-my-20s-pt-2/

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to get Leigh Bardugo's other books as well. I had an ARC for House of Rougeaux and now I can wait to finally get my copy of the sequel.

      Delete
  9. Great list!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-indigenous-authors-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m interested in the Cassandra Clare. Great list!

    My list is here— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/09/28/ttt-favorite-book-quotes/

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra Clare took a while to grow on me because I was just out of the age range when I picked them up. The first three books of the mortal instruments are very juvenile and writing sucks but the characters develop so well.

      Delete
  11. I am so excited for Iron Widow. I've only heard amazing things about it and I can't wait until I can get my hands on it 😍 Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the prologue and was immediately hooked. I then read the synopsis and The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite shows, the book not so much. Iron Widow had me screaming and pissed off at all the men.

      Delete
  12. I skipped Halloween and fall altogether and went straight for Christmas! Shame on me. My link: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/09/top-ten-tuesday-20-books-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.... my first thought to the freebie prompt was books that I want for my birthday and Christmas because I am a christmas baby, but it's still too early for me to actually do Christmas things...lol.

      no shame though..

      Delete
  13. I've seen a few of these books on some blogs. It's great you enjoyed them.

    My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you enjoyed all of these! I'm so excited for Season 2 of Shadow & Bone, Siege and Storm was my favourite Grisha trilogy book.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/09/28/top-ten-tuesday-335/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...