Saturday, February 2, 2019
Review: Gone by Michael Grant
After having this on my TBR's for many months, I have finally read it. I have wanted to read this series every since I first heard about it, but I never had the time to pick it up from my library. I had it on my shelf thanks to a Little Free Library that was new in my town and Cayce picked up the first two books in this series and I liked it enough not to hate it but I didn't enjoy it that much.
It's about this group of kids 14 and younger that are left in this town to fend for themselves when one day all the adults and kids aged 15 and up go "poof". They then realize they are trapped underneath a dome that is centered around the town and the nuclear power plant. The kids then start developing special abilities they dub "powers".
It is not an original story at all. Stephen King wrote a brick of a book titled Under the Dome, about a town who becomes trapped in a small hick town by a dome. This book also has a blurb that mentions Stephen King...
" If Stephen King had written Lord of the Flies, it might have been a little like this."
- VOYA
This blurb irritated me to no damn end because it shows that this reviewer had no idea that Stephen King has written a book about a town being under a dome and it having the same characteristics and personalities and religious aspects.
This is a teenage dumbed down Under the Dome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment