Monday, February 25, 2019
Review: Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally
I remember back in 8th grade, that I was given extra credit if I read this or watched the movie and summarized it. I didn't do it because I was in that phase where I didn't care about my assignments and plus this was after my first heart break and my grandpa's passing.
I have been wanting to read this book for the past 5 or 6 years after I watched the movie for the first and only time when I had directv and it was on TNT. It was a date night with Cayce and we had chinese food and I remember watching it and getting sick after because of the movie.
It was depressing and I did a lot more research after watching the movie to see if it was fictionalized or if it was true and how much of it was true.
When I put this onto my February TBR, I figured that I would fly through it because I am interested in WW2 books. I read this so sluggishly and it's not because it was boring, but all of the German words and names was confusing. I wish that this had a glossary and phonetic descriptions. Some of the SS ranks I could pronounce because I watch The Man In The High Castle.
The ending was sweet and a little crazy. He had this up and down life and he didn't give a shit about his wife but she was still a saint. He went bankrupt twice and had to have the Schindler Jews help take care of him so many times. I got the feeling that some of them might have been experiencing Stockholm Syndrome. Yes, Schindler saved them and kept them safe but I would not have raised money for him every time he went bankrupt or needed contacts.
Overall, I give this a 4 out of 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment