Friday, April 12, 2019

Review: Sphinx's Queen by Esther Friesner


I rushed to read this because it is the sequel conclusion to Sphinx's Princess. This series is focused on Nefertiti and her childhood and her royal family line. We left off with Nefertiti escaping a blasphemous accusation set against her by her betrothed and cousin who is acting Pharaoh of Thebes. She escapes with her other cousin, the crown Prince Amenophis who she is falling in love with, and she also has her freed slave Nava with her.

They are on their way to Dendera to talk and plead Nefertiti's innocence to the Pharaoh and Queen Tiye, the Great Royal Wife. She has to fight her way and lie and hide, and eventually, she gets her justice. The romance between Nefertiti and Amenophis was cute, but you have to remind yourself that they are cousins. I was not expecting the death of this hated character and found that the characters changed behaviors afterward did not mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...