I did not mean to wait so long between book 2 and 3, but it happened. I kind of forgot a little of what happened in Crown of Midnight but as soon as I started reading, it all came back to me. Once again, I gave this a 5 out of 5 stars. I am just addicted to this series and I am surprised at myself for not binging it. I am planning on reading the novella collection and book 4 sometime this year. After I finished this, I went to walmart and had to hold myself back from buying books 5-7. I bought Queen of Shadows and it is staring at me from my TBR shelf above my computer.
We start basically where we left off in Crown of Midnight with Celana right off the boat and prowling and slumming it in Verase which is in Wendlyn where Chaol and the King of Adarlan sent her to kill the royal family. She obviously has no plans on doing that and she is getting into bar fights to pass the time. She meets up with Rowan who takes her to see the Fae Queen Maeve and ask about the Wyrdkeys.
She has to train to be able to go to Doranelle and get the information she seeks. Rowan is tasked to train her to hone her abilities and shift into her fae form and take her rightful place as Queen. She has to go down memory lane and she just wants to put that past behind her because she lost her family in the murder from the King of Adarlan.
Chaol is having a crisis and trying to hold off his trip back home to Anielle and keep prince Dorian safe because his magic has emerged. Also we have new characters. Aedion is known as a traitorus general and was Aelin's supposed to be protector. He has no idea that Aelin is alive until Chaol tells him, and then they band together to find out how the King supressed the magic.
We get Manon and Abraxos and with all of the reviews I have seen and youtube videos, Manon and Abraxos are fan favorites and I am obsessed with Abraxos. Characters that act timid when faced with a threat or are just cinnamon rolls around something wholesome and sweet pull at my heartstrings.
We learn about the three covens of witches who have to come together because the King has given promises and gives them access to Wyverns. Manon is the Ironteeth coven heir and she becomes an embarrasment to her grandmother who is the matron of the Ironteeth clan. We see a lot of character growth from Manon and I just need more and more of these two.
So much fighting and action and it was all engaging. I was flying through the pages when Aelin was fighting against the three Valg princes and I teared up when her worst memories were being messed with because the Valg princes feed on darkness and misery.
The next book I need to pick up is Assassin's Blade which is the short stories and then I can get to Queen of Shadows. Sarah J Maas' writing is so addicting. It's like candy, I just need to read more and more.

No comments:
Post a Comment