Thursday, March 7, 2024

Review: Spy Family volume 7 by Tatsuya Endo *SPOILERS*

 


My family and I have been waiting for the dubbed episodes of Season 2 to finally drop before diving back in and Crunchyroll finally took this season off premium so we can watch it with a free membership. I immiediately picked this up and it picks up right where it left off with Loid interuppting Damian's meeting with his father. 

The meeting was kind of cringe and Loid definitely took it to far but he had to get his foot in the door with Donovan. We also get a whole mission with Damian and his friends when they have to go on a field research assignment because Damian is trying so hard to get stell stars to gain another compliment from his father. The field instructor who took them gave good positive vibes and gave me hope that not all of the teachers at Eden Academy just cared about good grades.

Yor and Franky go on a little mission to rescue a missing cat because Franky is obsessed with the cats owner. He builds all these gadgets and it gets the cats pissed off and riled up. He ends up rescuing the cat and turns out the cats owner is already with someone and Scruffy cries. Yor gets a new assignment where instead of killing someone, she has to help protect someone and their child who are going into hiding and she will be boarding a boat undercover.

Little does she know that Loid and Anya are at an event where there is a rafle going on for two tickets to board a ship. Anya of course uses her telekinesis to figure out that the game is rigged and the winning number is stuck to the top of the box. They tell Yor and she freaks out at first but Anya is really excited for an ooting.

I ended up giving this volume a 4 because one of the missions involved Bond using his future telling abilities and he sees himself dead and it is supposed to be caused by Yor's cooking. He technically "runs away" to go find Loid and help him on a mission so Loid can come home faster and cook and feed him instead of Yor. Seeing Bond dead and Anya and Yor crying over him really hit to close to home. I am still not over the death of my cat Missy.

I can't wait to finally start the second season and I own the 8th volume so I don't have to wait for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...