Another Stranger Things book read and I was hoping that it would give me what I wanted and was looking for in season 5. This is set right after season 4 where everyone is trying to move on from the rifts and earthquake. The military has moved in and Nancy, Robin and Jonathan graduate. The thing that pissed me off and made me angry was that they wore green robes at graduation. The stranger things finale had the boys class graduate in ORANGE!!!!!, which just makes me hate the finale of the show even more.
This book is basically following Nancy because it is Nancy Wheeler mystery and she is so consumed with trying to find Vecna on her own. She thinks every flickering light and every time someone acts weird and paranoid, she thinks it is Vecna. There is no upside down trips or appearances made by Will or Eleven or Lucas or Dustin. Mike makes a brief appearance at the end.
This is very fanfiction but the author wrote the Eddie book and in the author bio, it said that she worked on the show. In this book, there was no mention of her working on the show. She did give thanks to the Duffer brothers, which made me gag a little because they just shot the show in the preverbial foot and made it crap.
Nancy spends the whole book trying to figure out why Joey was killed. At first, she thinks he is being visited by Vecna because he is jumpy and freaked out. He calls Robin to meet him because he wants to talk, when they get to where he wants to mee, they find him shot dead. They also find a piece of paper next to hime with a list of numbers.
While reading this, I had to really focus and suspend my disbelief and sometimes, most of the "connections" were seemed a bit stretched. Like this thing happened, but we are going to link it to this that seems so unreal, but it is Hawkins and crazy shit is bound to happen.
I am just once again disappointed with this stranger things material. I do have one more book that I am going to read, but I am patiently waiting for my library to get it. It is the book based on Dustin and it should have Eddie in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment