Another book read for the Goodreads winter challenge. I am determined to get all of these digital bookmarks this year. This is the start of my collector's era because I am now obsessed with Pokemon cards again, but that is for another day.
This is a nonfiction book about the witches of Scotland. Well, that is what I thought at first because it is mainly about the witches of Scotland but it eventually talks about other famous women that was accused of witchcraft.
I decided to immersion read this and listen to the audiobook to take full advantage of my free premium spotify. I am so disappointed in the audiobook and this book. I appeciated that the authors narrated the book, but there was additional information in the audiobook that was not in the physical copy. The authors also kept saying I and we when there names were used in the book and it was confusing to keep the two separate.
They also went off topic alot and the audiobook sounded like an AI search was being read because it was so fact heavy and monotone. I didn't really learn anything about Scotland witches and they mainly reference a woman who became a character in Outlander. They talk about how in the African countries, witchcraft is still frowned upon and women are blamed and killed for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment