I bought this book back in 2020 when it was released because I really liked the Darkest Minds series bu Alexandra Bracken. This also fulfilled a goodreads reading challenge. I find this to be OK because the premise sounded great. The original olympians are turned mortal every seven years and they are hunted by the bloodlines to be killed for their power.
Our main character Lore is from the House of Perseus and she is the last of her bloodline. Her parents and little sisters were murdered because she thinks it is what she did as a young girl. Lore is found while fighting for money. She is an amazing fighter. The person that finds her is from her past and she believed that he died of cancer.
Lore refuses to be brought back into the hunt and wants to stay hidden for the next week while the gods are being hunted because she is also being hunted as well. The hunt is called the Agon and it was created by Zeus as a punishment to the olympic Gods.
This is where I started getting confused with the bloodlines and who was who and why there were enemies and the whole spoils of war deals. I do think this was a little long and that it could have been cut about 75 pages because it was very repetitive. I did get the shock factor once or twice because I was not expecting it. There is a rape scene which I was not expecting and I was confused because it was implied that Lore killed him, but he is was still alive later.
I also think the ending was a cop out because she just prayed to be left alone and she feels a difference and she doesn't vanish. Like I highly doubt that Zeus would let that happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment