My second hockey romance of the month and I am officially in my hockey romance era because I have a couple more on my TBR that I want to get to. I bought this special edition last year and it has been sitting in a pile and I have been staring at it because of the beautiful sprayed edges.
My hubby bought the second book for me from a library book sale and I honestly cannot wait to pick it up because I am in love with these characters, well mostly the secondary characters. I was flying through this and it is a 4 star read. I did get bored with the smut scenes because they were so similar every time, but the characters are what made me keep going.
I love Henry and JJ. They are my two favorites and I will fight for them if it came to it. This book follows a figure skater named Anastasia and a hockey player named Nate. They go to the same college and one day, the hockey team finds out that there rink has been sabotaged and is completely melted. They then have to share a rink with the figure skaters, which causes tension.
The coaches decide to have an icebreaker, like a speed dating session where figure skaters and hockey players meet and talk for three minutes to "break the ice". Anastasia is against it at first because it messes with her planner which she is a sticklet for and hates losing control. She ends up really enjoying learning about each hockey player.
There were a couple things that I really disliked about this and that was the constant state of drunkenness that Anastasia was in. Every social function, she got black out drunk and I was just over it because growing up with a mean alocoholic parent, I was not interested. I didn't mind the first few times she got drunk, but when it cane to everytime I was concerned.
I also HATE the walking red flag that is Aaron who is Anastasias figure skating partner. He is so controlling and manipulative. I was agreeing with Nate the entire time with the meal plan, the moving back into the apartment and the therapy sessions.
But I did have times where I was laughing my ass off. The first was at the beginning when the figure skating coach was being compared to a Russian because she was bossy. I also laughed at every scene with JJ, especially when Nate was buying flowers and JJ was against the fact that a man is expected to buy flowers everytime and he just wants a hot man to buy him some flowers.... so Nate ends up getting JJ and bouquet as well. JJ also calls butter chicken the basic white girl favorite of Indian food.
My favorite character overall is Henry because he is the sweetest cinnamon roll. He has no filter and just says what is on his mind and he tells it like it is. He also becoms besties with Anastasia and he worries about her when she almost drowns while skating on a frozen lake.
I am excited to get to book three because it has Henry as the main character, but I don't know about book two because the main male character is a character that is known as muffin in this book, but he is kind of mysterious.

No comments:
Post a Comment