Friday, August 28, 2026

Review: The Ballad of Falling Dragons by Sarah A Parker *SPOILERS*

 


My most anticipated read of the year, and of course it is a 5 star. I have been constantly thinking about the first book ever since I finished it, and every pushback of the release date for this was painful. 

This picks up right where the first left off and we get more time with Kyzari and the little folded note that she names Nee. Kyzari is being kept prisoner by her uncle the scavenger king named Arkyn, who is ruthless, diabolic, and just straight evil. Kyzari is wondering who was in the cell before her, and we learn that Raeve was held in the same cell in the first book. I cried alot while reading because of Arkyn ripping Nee in half and killing it. 

Raeve learns through flashbacks that she is Elluin and that Kaan has known the entire time. Kaan is trying to keep his kingdom together and not fall apart by his brother's hand. There is a prophecy that comes to be that all of the moonplumes will fall and it will be catastophic and deadly.

Kaan and Raeve go to the scavenger king's land, The Shade, to end this shit once and for all and Kaan finds out that Kyzari is not his niece but his daughter. Kaan then has to battle against Raeve while Arkyn and his kingdom watches. Kaan refuses and the moonplume fall begins and starts decimating the underground. Kaan goes after Arkyn and Raeve goes to the cell to save Kyzari. She then finds her outside in the destruction in the arms of the God Clode.

The book ends with Sereme bringing back to life a person who will be bad news to Raeve and Kaan.

When the first book came out, it was announced that this was to be a five book series. The author's note at the end of this book states that the third will be the last. I am gutted and I do not want this series to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Ballad of Falling Dragons by Sarah A Parker *SPOILERS*

  My most anticipated read of the year, and of course it is a 5 star. I have been constantly thinking about the first book ever since I fini...