My first Emily Henry book done. I am so glad that I found this in a little free library and I will always remember the day I picked it up because that is the day we rescued our new pup Vulpix, along with her three brothers and two sisters off the side of the road.
I read this for the Goodreads reading challenge and to finally watch the movie, which I have to say I liked even better than the book. Blasphemy, but I still liked the book. I give this a 4 star and the movie a 4.5 because of the changes but it still made sense.
We follow Poppy and Alex who are best buds who meet in college on a roadtrip back home. Poppy is spunky and fun and carefree, and Alex is a routine guy who follows rules. It was also very easy to picture the characters thans to the actors who play them.
This book jumps around the timeline and at first I thought I would have gotten annoyed, but it made so much sense. It wasn't clunky and choppy and confusing. It was like a tangent based story. I keep having to remind myself not to put what I liked about the movie into this review because this is about the book. What I liked in the movie, is completely different in the book.
I did get annoyed with Alex when he thought that Poppy was changing her mind about settling down, and I just wanted to shake him and ask him why did he want that for her so badly when they have been besties for so many years. He should have respected her choices, but eventually they get together.

No comments:
Post a Comment