Wednesday, March 21, 2018

School Week 30 Photo Diary

I am slowly but surely catching up on these posts. I don't like doing back to back school week posts, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Th next post after this one will be an Owlcrate un-boxing, just to switch things up a bit. This week was a very productive and busy one.

Monday 3/5: We started the day at 7:55 AM. Our early start for the week. We did our usual morning work and chores to start the day. Addy watched a couple episodes of Super Why. She is getting more active with that show and screaming the answers at the TV. Then I had her watch Leapfrog: Phonics Farm to help her with her letter sounds. I had noticed that she is struggling with her sounds on some letters like M and N. Sammy and Airy did reading time and Easy Peasy lessons. Once Addy was done with Leapfrog, she had her own little reading time with my while Ariana and Samantha did a free write.

We then finished an episode of John Adams and Addy finished her day with Easy Peasy.

Tuesday: We started the day with morning work and Netflix. We finished Race Of Life. Watched another documentary called Nature: Raising the Dinosaur Giant and then we watched another documentary called Lions: Spy in the Den. I love watching documentaries with the girls. They love them as well, and they are the reason for long on going discussions in our home whenever Cayce gets home from work, or we go to visit family or some of our friends come over.
Sammy drawing her favorite part of one of the documentaries and Snow getting in the way

Today was mainly a Netflix and read day. After we finished out Netflix binge, we read two chapters in A Wind In The Door.

Wednesday: Addy started her morning with Easy Peasy. Ariana and Samantha did reading time and worksheets. They also had time to do a free write as well. They love writing and I give them a good hour of the school day to just write what they have in their brains. We finished our day with reading more of A Wind In The Door.


Thursday: Today was International Women's Day. Before I showed them some YouTube videos on the history of International Women's day, Sammy had asked me if they made a second movie about National Treasure. I said yes, and all three wanted to watch it. They loved the first movie just like I did when I first watched it and wanted to be a Benjamin Gates when I "grew up". I wanted to go treasure hunting and be a history junkie. They loved the second movie and could not stop asking question about the lost city of gold and was it real.

My strong and intelligent girls!


They loved learning about International Women's Day and I want them to be amazing independent women when they get older and I want them to conquer the world, and I am trying my hardest to make sure they know that they can do anything that they set their minds too.

Friday: No Pictures. I decided that all 4 of us needed a mental health day. I could tell they were tired from the early mornings that we had been having this week and they had done quite a bit of work and I just wanted them to have a relaxing and creative morning. They started their day with Legos. They worked on that for about 2 hours and in those 2 hours, I just sat with them and talked about what they wanted to do when they grew up. How they feel about being homeschooled. Do they want to go on more trips. Do they want to do any extra activities.  We ended our day with finishing A Wind In The Door and episode 4 of John Adams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...