Sunday, March 8, 2020
Review: Lost in Shangri- La by Mitchell Zuckoff
My second February pick for my A-Z reading challenge and I finished it in March. It was a fast read, but it was very dated. It is about a plane crash in Dutch New Guinea during World War 2. Twenty Seven passengers all went down and only 3 survived. Two men and a female soldier. They landed in a valley that was named Shangri-La by the pilots that flew in it and it was not documented on the map at the time.
The three survivors had to wait a week before being found and then a unit of Filipino- American paratroopers was given the mission to go in for medical and protect from the natives who were thought to be cannibalistic head hunters.
The natives were often referred to as savages which makes this dated and how discriminate the white soldiers were of natives. This was a quick read and it had a lot of pictures to go along with what was written, but I sometimes found myself getting confused when other people who weren't the survivors were being described and their family history being included which had nothing to do with the rescue of these three soldiers at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment