Saturday, June 6, 2020
REVIEW: The Other People by C.J. Tudor
I finally got my hands on my library hold a couple of days ago and started it immediately. I have had this book on my radar from the time it was announced. I put it on my holds at my local library in February because of a book club chose it to read in February.
I first read a C.J. Tudor book a couple years ago with her debut novel, The Chalk Man and it was a favorite read of that year. She immediately became an auto buy author for me. This is her third book and she just keeps getting better.
This story is about a man named Gabe who is suspected of his wife and daughter's murder. We met him on the M1 motorway, stuck in gridlock traffic. He is late for dinner with his wife and daughter and he is behind the rusty old car with a bunch of bumper stickers. Then in the rear window, a little girl pops up and looks straight at him and calls out daddy.
A couple years later, we are following multiple people and they are all connected. We meet mysterious characters and there were multiple times where I thought I figured out who done it and who was behind everything. There were a lot of plot twists and it was an amazing connect the dots story. There was a time or two where I wanted to stop reading it at night because I was getting freaked out.
I did want a little more paranormal and I found myself having to reread the main part at the ending because it went over my head and it was difficult to visualize what exactly happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment