Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Review: Freaks I've Met by Donald Jans
This book is under 200 pages and took me two days to read because it had me laughing and going WTF at the crazy parts. We follow this guy named Jack who is tired of the small town life in Spokane, Washington. One day he gets "noticed" by a L.A. model scout who invites him to come to Los Angeles. He accepts the offer and it goes to his head straight away that he is going to be living it up pool side instantly and be friends with all the famous people.
He gets there and it's not what it seems. The whole time, he thinks about the woman he worked for, Mrs. Pohlkiss who is kind of an arch enemy to him. He calls her a crochety old bitch and wants to prove her wrong the entire book.
With the chapters being short, I thought it would be a one sit read, but nope. The content in this book had me laughing at his word vomit and lack of filter. His talk of sex toys and smacking people in the face with dildos and threesomes had me going, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK am I reading and then I had to go find my hubby to read to him the crazy shit I was reading and he got a kick out of it.
I remember that I got this book as a Goodreads giveaway win and it was in my mailbox the day we went to Six Flags in Atlanta.
I have to read more from Donald Jans. 4 out of 5 stars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment