Monday, June 29, 2020

Review: Walking the Himalayas by Levison Wood


The third book that I have read by Levison Wood, one of my favorite travel writers and explorers to date. I remember liking the documentary really well and being terrified of his car crash. I have been a fan of his other books because they correlated with the documentary so well. Right from the very beginning I was a bit bored. He goes into the narrative of his life in London and not wanting to walk anymore and ready to settle down. He talks about buying a car and bitching about the tax and then wanting to get a dog as a companion. It seems like he was forced into the expedition and from the very start, it was ominous and dark.

I wanted to be intrigued by his travels, but it just didn't have the humor that Walking the Americas had, obviously that expedition was after this one. I didn't learn anything from this book like I learned new things from Walking the Nile. The information that was inside this book was in the show and wasn't very companion-esque.

I will be continuing with the rest of his books. The next one I will be reading is about his Arabian journey. I have only seen the first episode of that documentary sadly due to America not streaming it ANYWHERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...