Sunday, August 2, 2020

Review: Dreamcatcher by Stephen King




My second Stephen King read of the year. I have been wanting to read this book for years ever since I seen bits and pieces of the movie when I was a teenager. It definitely piqued my interest when I seen Jason Lee die in the bathroom from a thing that came out of the toilet. That part has always been in the back of my mind. 

This book if you don't know is about 4 guys. They have been friends since childhood and they are on their annual hunting trip up in northern Maine in a place called Jefferson Tract. One of the guys named Jonesy is out hunting, and he almost shoots what he thinks is a deer and then he sees the flash of neon orange and it is a guy who has been wandering the woods lost. Jonesy takes him back to the cabin named Hole in the Wall. Beaver (Jason Lee's character) tries to get the guy to eat and sleep and talks to Jonesy and then the guy McCarthy dies in the bathroom. A creature dubbed a shit weasel has blown through McCarthy's butt and is now trapped in the toilet.

Down at the general store, the US Military has made camp and had quarantined the whole area of Jefferson Tract and has rounded up every hunter and local and locked them up in a barn because they have been infected by the greyboys. 

I did not know going into this that the creatures were aliens. I am not really interested in alien stories and I didn't really care past the hunting trip. I did enjoy learning about the connection between Beaver, Jonesy, Pete, Henry and Duddits. It also hit very close to home with the quarantine aspect since the world is basically under some sort of quarantine. I will be watching the movie soon because I have a feeling that the adaptation is different from the book like all Stephen King books and movies are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...