Going into this, I was expecting the haunted house and the body horror. While reading, none of my predictions came true which made my reading experience that much more enjoyable because it wasn't predictable... at least for me. My guess was vampires because the author has written a vampire story before and figured that she would go the same route. I did have a jump scare thanks to my husband. I was reading a really disgusting part and he bumped into my chair and I gave a little shriek.
We follow our main character Noemi as she is summoned by her father who gets a letter from her cousin Catalina that is very weird. Catalina claims that she is hearing things in the walls and basically losing her mind at her husband's family estate. Noemi father send her to the estate to get a good sense of Catalina's well being and to determine if she needs to be put into an asylum. Her husband and family claim tuberculosis and the house is basically a ruin. The Doyle family is caught in the past about their silver mine that was subjected to flooding and revolution.
The body horror is triggering and very disgusting, so if you get queasy easily then this book is not for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment