I don't remember why I picked this up or who I got the recommendation from, but it was needed. This is the first book in the You Are a Badass series and it's basically a self help book about how to get out of your head, stop comparing yourself to others, focus on your goals, stop procrastinating and basically be one with the universe.
Life has been really weird recently and I have been focusing a lot of my time and energy on work and my hobbies and things I enjoy doing with my family have been pushed to the backburner.
While reading a few things did stand out. One being that I don't need to worry about what people think of me and just to be myself and not burn myself out trying to be someone I am not. Another that when you say you don't have time, then you are creating that mindset that you will never have time and that you need to chunk block and prioritize things and then reward yourself with what you want to do after an hour of doing what needs to be done. I have been trying to do that the past month and I work, and then watch some youtube, work for another hour and then do my blogging or networking on Youtube.
Another was that if you really want something, create a vision board and hang it up where you can see it like everyday... kind of like when people put sticky notes all over there house with positive affirmations. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while because my husband and I want to build our dream home and I have a blueprint of a house that I really like but of course there are some changes that I want to make and how I want to the interior to look and how I want the outside to look.
This is a book that I will be buying my own copy of and going back through and tabbing.
No comments:
Post a Comment