Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

 


A new series started and I can tell ya'll now that I will be finishing this series next year. I know it is crap YA and it is the same main character of badass girl saves the world or the chosen one, but I ate this up. This is not my first Sarah J Maas book and I forgot how much I like her writing style. It flows and it is so fast paced. 

After hearing about this book for years and thinking I knew what would happen, I was wrong. I actually thought that maybe the stroy had been edited and changed due to me reading the special edition that I got for Christmas years ago. I thought throughout the whole book that I was reading a completely different story. All of the reviews that I have heard and book talks was very toned down and I am glad that I went into this not knowing much at all except character names. 

I was not bothered by the love triangle trope and I was constantly trying to remember who ends up with who and who is who from the reviews. I did give this 4 stars because I was annoyed by the constant talk of beauty and Celaena being the most beautiful and her being unattractive because of her year of slavery in the salt mines. 

I loved the magic aspect and I have to say that I felt teased by the Fae story and it not playing a bigger part. I dislike Fae stories most of the time but this time, I just wanted more. The tests and the whole competition gave me MAJOR Hunger Games vibes with the eliminations and how many criminals were competing. 

I was a little miffed by the ending when she was given conditions and it involved people and one of the people was standing right next to her and it didn't even faze them. They took it in stride... like person, your life was just threatened if she fails or essentially misses curfew and you are asking her what she wants to do first with her first day of servitude. 

I don't know when I will be picking up Crown of Midnight, but I am hoping to squeeze it in before the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...