I had to jump on the Bridgerton bandwagon because the FOMO became too much and I am so glad that I did. I am obsessed. I loved the humor and the sarcasm and the smut. The sexism from Simon could have taken a flying leap. I understand that it was a product of the time period and one of the reasons I have always stayed away from this time period in books and movies because it always grates on my nerves. Hence why the 4 out of 5 stars.
This series follows the Bridgerton siblings and there are 8. The thing that is funny about this family is that there names are in alphabetical order by birth order. The oldest is Anthony who is now the head of the family. But this book follows Daphne, who is the eldest daughter of the Bridgerton brood and she is of marriage age. Her mother is introducing her to society and she meets the Duke of Hastings who has come back to London after traveling the world. They meet at a ball where Daphne is being pleaded to by a man who is desperately wanting to marry her. Simon and Daphne literally get their punches in on the pleading, drunk and pathetic guy who starts to get handsy with Daphne.
We also learn about Simon's childhood and why he is such an angry person. Daphne is very ignorant and naive. The smut in this book was top notch and it is better than the smut in Outlander. But I still have to watch the show to see if what I said is true for the adaptations. Outlander has the most revealing smut scenes.
I can't wait to pick up the next book because it is from Anthony's POV and I am obsessed with the Bridgerton kids and plus I want to read more from Lady Whistledown's society papers.
My favorite quote from the book is at the very end and it is a huge spoiler, so I will not add names.
"Am I radiant or a waddling duck?"
"You're a radiant duck."

I have seen so many good reviews of this that I think I'll watch it on Netflix, if it's still available. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete