Monday, August 7, 2023

Review: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

 


My third Christie book for the year and I have been hearing that this is the one that put her on the map and one of the best ones. I enjoyed it but found myself missing the character Hastings, even though Doctor Shepherd was similar but very different obviously.

The beginning was very confusing because it goes straight into detailing a murder and introducing the doctor and his sister who he lives with. The murder of Ms. Ferrars goes unmentioned until the main murder which is of course Roger Ackroyd. We learn about the doctor and how his sister is a brown noser who likes to gossip and be in every ones business. 

I find it very funny that there neighbor is Hercule Poirot who they mistake for a hair dresser. Then for the rest of the book, it is the same as with any other Agatha Christie novel. They run around trying to figure out answers and why someone would do such a thing. Blah Blah Blah, now to the end which I won't spoil even though this is almost a 100 year old book. The ending was epic. I was not expecting the person whodunit to be the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...