Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Review: Nimona by N.D. Stevenson


After a lot of begging by my kids who like to spoil movies and shows for me, I finally picked this up after adding it to my TBR 8 years ago. I have heard so many good things about this graphic novel from tons of booktubers and book bloggers. My teen daughters will not shut up about the Netflix show and they have watched it over and over I don't know how many times. They read this after watching and said that they adaptation is better, so we will have to see.

The first chapter had me giggling and my 14 year old screaming that I liked it. My 14 year old has been asking everyday if I was done reading so we could watch the movie. 

We follow a villian named Ballister Blackheart and a shapeshifting girl named Nimona who loves to become a shark. She wants to help Blackheart be his best villian self and along the way Blackheart comes to care for Nimona and wonder where she got her powers. She isn't exactly truthful in her backstory and they come to blows. While this is happening, the director of the Institution is wanting Nimona dead and she sends in Sir Goldenloin who is kind of a overacheiver. He is also Blackhearts former friend/ lover.

I laughed a lot at the snide comments that Nimona made to Blackheart and the Christmas part at the end, I really loved. My favorite part had to be when they were playing the board game World Domination which is basically monopoly, and now I will be calling it that for the rest of my life. Wonder how long my husband will take it because Monopoly is his favorite board game. We have 8-10 different versions of the game. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...