The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This week has been a busy and hectic one. Busy and productive with work and homeschooling. The school year will be over before I know it and then I will have a 10th grader, 9th grader and 7th grader. On Monday my husband took the day off from both jobs and I gave the girls a day off because we had to go do our taxes ( not fun) and then we had other errands to run. Usually we make running errands a fun time but it was pouring down rain all day and it was freezing.
Tuesday afternoon we had a stray dog in our yard. It was the most beautiful husky I have ever laid eyes on and he was super friendly. But it was a HE. He kept circling my German Shepherd's kennel who is a girl and whenever I ran him off, he would come back through the woods. So I had to bring my dog in and my pitbull lab who is an indoor dog had to stay in the other part of the house because they get too rambunctious and I was already overwhelmed. I had to call animal control and it took them over 4 hours to get to my location. I am angry that I had to do it in the first place. I hate that none of my neighbors are responsible pet owners.
As of writing this, there are two different dogs running loose in the neighborhood. I know who they belong too and I know nothing will be done because these people have already been summoned to court multiple times and never showed over loose dogs.
Wednesday was Valentines day and I was paranoid all day that I was going to have to deal with the husky again, but I have not seen him so I know that he is in the animal shelter. We went to visit my mom for her birthday which was Tuesday. The rest of the week was uneventful thankfully until today which was the Father Daughter Dance.
We have been hyping up the dance all week and my girls were excited. We went shopping before and they got special gifts from my husband. Daddy had to buy them some bling.
I also finished a book yesterday called A Vanishing of Griffins which is a middle grade sequel to a book called A Darkness of Dragons. I highly recommend those books to everyone. If you need a good laugh, those are what you need.
I also started another manga series. I started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga. Pokemon is in my blood. It is a huge part of my life because the first game system I ever got was a Gameboy color and the first game I had was Pokemon Red. The manga surprisingly came out after the games, so that was a welcome surprise and I was very appreciative of how the characters were the same from the games.
Hope everyone has a great upcoming week. We are going to be having a low key and relaxed week (fingers crossed) and our main focus is on getting as much school work done as possible and house and yard projects brainstormed.






I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the consequences of other people being irresponsible pet owners. I hope this week is a good one for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI hate irresponsible pet owners with a passion! I don't understand why they would even bother getting a pet in the first place if they didn't want to take care of it. There needs to be harsher consequences for animal neglect and cruelty. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nightmare about the dogs. My son is terrified of dogs and I'm not overly keen so we would be a right pair!!
ReplyDeleteSchool years over here are from September to September which when I think about it is strange!
I hope you manage to have a calmer week next week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/18/sunday-post-114/
Yes... there are always a few lazy idiots who give every other responsible dog owner a bad name, aren't there? And pity the dog who isn't being properly looked after... Glad your lovely girls had such a wonderful time with their father:)). Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteWe deal with the same lots of dogs running loose. I have one dog and two cats. We have a doggy door and then a fenced in section for her to go and do her business along side the house. The cats can go out the doggy door and jump the fence to get back in if there a dog in the area or a stray cat or two. It a constant complaint in our town and nothing changes. I never did father daughter dances but several of my friends daughters and hubby have and your girls look like they had a blast. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you had to deal with the dog situation. Hope this week is better for you.
ReplyDeleteUgh. That's terrible you have to worry about the dogs running around your property. I'm glad everyone had a nice time at the dance and you got some reading time
ReplyDeleteYour daughters look happy to be dressed up for dancing.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy reading week
How sad about people not taking care of their pets (and stressful for you.) I hope this week is calmer.
ReplyDeleteJill
http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/
Look how pretty your girls are!!! I love that they went to a dance with their dad. How old are they? Too cute.
ReplyDeleteDogs running loose are the worst! You never know which ones want to be petted and which ones want to rip your face off.