Friday, February 16, 2024

Review: 13 Things Mentally Strong Couples Don't Do by Amy Morin

 


First nonfiction read of the year. For some reason I added thia to my holds list at the end of December. I remember seeing it in an email and I think it was around the time where I was getting fed up with the person I was babysitting for because she was constantly nagging about her ex and her husband to me every single day when she came and picked up her kids. Her nagging and then seeing this book being advertised made me appreciate my husband so much more and I also just wanted to learn more and see if my husband and I fit into any of these catergories. 

I ended up really enjoying this reading experience. It had me crying on page 2 because of what the author went through and I read that part when I was thinking about my husband and I and what we need to do to make sure everything is in order if our deaths come suddenly. 

This book is of course about 13 things that will make marriages stronger mentally and emotionally. They range from: they don't ignore their problems, keeping secrets, setting boundaries, communicating with disrespect and taking each other for granted.

There are some more but those were what I was more focused on and a couple of the chapters I realized were very close to my husband and I and we are going to be sitting down and working on those things. 

I will be picking up the other books that are in this collection because I genuinely feel that this would help anyone who needs it. It doesn't have a condescending tone and it doesn't make you feel stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...