I am doing grea with reading series this year. I am caught up with the Mead Mishaps series and I hope that a 4th will come out this year because I can't get enough. This one follows Dante the storm dragon and CHERRY!!!!! Yes, she is still alive. Cherry is Cinnamon's sister who has been "dead" for 5 years because she was pulled into a swamp by a swampy demon.
Turns out she was locked away in a tower that was guarded by a dragon named Gideon. This sea foam green dragon never spoke to her and let her have free rein of the island but if she was gone too long, then she would be tossed back into the tower. One day Dante is off to check up on Gideon and he has finally left Boohail. He wants to find his own mate and his own territory.
Dante and Cherry cross paths and Dante is immediatly smitten with her. He offers to help her escape the tower and the island and after he gives the offer, he drinks a tea that Cherry has drugged.... to get him to take her home. He takes her home alright, back to his castle in Volsog. With Cherry being stuck on the island for five years, she has no idea that the goddess Myva was a fraud and that the demons are free to roam the Earth. Dante tells her this and she is worried about Boohail and her family. She refuses to tell Dante where she is from because she doesn't want her family to be eaten.
Cherry is very materialistic and kind of a gold digger because she is so focused on Dante being rich and his horde of gold and she is very I want, I want, I want. This book has also toned down the sex scenes, but it did rub me the wrong way because Dante marked Cherry as his mate without consent. There was also a bath tub scene where she is getting herself off and he just comes and starts giving her oral and she tells him to stop and he doesn't.
They eventually go on an adventure to go see unicorns and they have to stop because Danta is sharing his magic with Cherry and it is draining him. Cherry goes off into the woods while he is resting and she comes across the talking sword Alexis. She comes across harpies and Dante has to rescue her and they go to a near by town named Kirkwall where the big conflict of the story takes place. After all this time, Cherry still has not told Dante that she is from Boohail. She eventually slips up and Danta isoverjoyed because he and Fallon can now team up and join territory and go on a quest that was mentioned earlier in the book.
I ended up giving this book a 4 out of 5 because of the feelings I had when Dante didn't get consent and there was only two major sex scenes. I also didn't laugh as much as I did with the first two books. The end with the book of beasts and the sick measuring was the best laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment