Another classic that I did not care for. I was super excited to read this because it is dystopian but I am now realizing that I am not a dystopian girly. I will forever be a Hunger Games girl and that will be my dystopian fix I guess.
Going into this book, I had no idea what it was about. That's how I go into most classics surprisingly.
We follow a dude named Guy Montague and he is a fireman. In this world, firemen do not put out fires, they start them. The main reason they start fires, well the only reason is if someone has books in their home. Books have been outlawed and literature has been forgotten.
The homeowners eventually get taken away. When Guy is on his way home from his job, he meets a young girl who is his new neighbor and she starts to make him think about things. He goes home and finds his wife unresponsive and she is brought back by cycling her blood and taking away the medicine that she took to end her life.
Guy starts thinking about books and the next job he goes to, a woman is screaming because she doesn't want her books burned. Guy is distraught because the woman wont leave but she ends up blowing up herself and her house. Guy goes home and decides to stay home the next night and he pulls out books that he has taken from previous houses.
His wife who goes crazy and paranoid ends up getting them caught when she goes to burn the books after he had hidden them. He eventually goes on the run and finds a group of people who are walking literature, meaning that they remember these tomes that have been burned to pass them down from generation to generation. Guy then decides to help the revolution and the upcoming war.
That is where the book ends. I was so over his unhinged ass. I felt paranoid just listening to him and also confused like what was the damn point to his madness.

No comments:
Post a Comment