The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Long time no talk. My last Sunday Post was June 30th. Alot has been going on and I have missed putting up a post every week.
The past week and a half have been very difficult. My grandmother has been in the hospital since September 25th and on the 27th, Hurricane Helene came through my state and wiped out all of the power in the whole state.
My neighborhood was without power for three days. The twisted thing about the whole situation is that we lost power at 5:30am and it was so windy. 11am same day, it was a beautiful day and sun shining and it got hot. On Saturday, my husband and I decided to take a road trip to go look for generators. We decided to go to a county that did not have a lot of outages at the time to see if there would be any generators. We were only able to find a power bank and that kept our fans going for two hours at a time. Saturday night was rough because we had to accept the fact that everything in both fridges and stand up freezer were wasted.
On Sunday morning we got our power back. It was a relief and I cried because our energy co-op had put out a statement that the restoration time would be weeks.. into November. During this whole ordeal, I couldn't get in touch with the hospital because their phones were down and I did not want to drive into the city because all of the power was out and streetlights were down. Now it sounds hypocritical that we went on a road trip on Saturday. The town we went to had power and it was smaller than our capital city.
I was glad that my grandma was in the hospital during the power outage because they have generators. She would not have survived this power outage at home.
Needless to say that this week has been even more stressful because we now have to be in talks with our home insurance who unfortunately don't cover spoiled food in the even of power outage. They suggested FEMA and we are waiting on that. Then there is the panic buying at our local walmart and grocery stores... and the fear mongering that another storm is coming on the same exact path.
Besides the stress of hurricanes and hospitalization, life has been ok. Work and home school have been taking up all of my day. The reading I do get to is going great. I am enjoying the time I do get to sit down and read about another world and other characters whose problems are different from mine.
I am just crossing my fingers and toes that this week will not have any disruptions because my middle daughter will be turning 14!
Around midnight my grandmother passed.

I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I pray that everything gets better soon for everyone. Thank goodness your grandma was where she was so she can get the care she needed. Hopefully as things are restored, her health will improve and she'll be able to go home. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss. And I'm glad to hear that you are safe. I hope things improve for you.
ReplyDeletehttps://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2024/10/the-sunday-post.html
I am sorry for all you've been dealing with, and what a relief that you didn't have to wait until November to get your power back on! I have family in South Carolina whose power went out as well. I am glad your grandmother was in a safe place during the hurricane. How is she doing? I hope she is okay. Happy birthday to your daughter! I hope you have having a much better week this week!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss :( Sounds like a rough time with the power outage, and scary. Glad it came back faster than originally expected. Happy birthday to your middle daughter! My son just turned 14 a few months ago :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That is extremely stressful. I am sorry to hear all of that. I am glad though that your power is back now. Praying that everything gets back to normal soon, and that your grandma is better soon.
ReplyDelete