Mz. Collins has done it again!!!! She has ripped my heart out and shredded the absolute hell out of it. I have been waiting for this since the morning it was announced and the fact that it is all about Haymitch's games was just the damn cherry on top.
This is all the rage right now and the fact that the day I am writing this review, Lionsgate released the very first teaser for the movie coming next year and I am screaming, crying, throwing up. I am so obsessed with this series that it is my life and it is a part of me.
This is Haymitch's games. The 50th Hunger Games... the second quarter quell where the gamemakers decided to double the tributes from 24 to 48. Each district has to send 2 boys and 2 girls to slaughter for their rebellious past.
Reaping day happens every year on the 4th of July which is also Haymitch's birthday. This Hunger Games is his 16th birthday present thanks to the District 12 escort named Drusilla who is so fucking horrible. The fact the Haymitch's name was not drawn at all and was chosen by Drusilla because the boy who was chosen decided to run for it and he got his head blown off.
We get to meet Katniss' dad Burdock and her mom Asterid. We get a glimpse of Otho Mellark, the baker's boy. There was so many what the fuck and OMG moments. I loved getting a youngish Mags and Wiress. I was shaken to my damn core with Beetee and he having to mentor his 12 year old son Ampert.
Ampert's death was the first scene where I was crying hard. Haymitch and every young tribute that he allied with and then Maysilee's death was just as tragic. I loved the origin of the word Sweetheart and everything that made Haymitch... Haymitch.
When I got to the epilogue, the first sentence made me put the book down because I could not read with the tears coming so fast. I read it and immediately watched a vlog from one of my favorite book tubers and she was going through everything and giving her thoughts and how she was wrecked. I then re-read the epilogue again and I was so close to start all of the books over again.
I can't wait to see of Woody Harrelson, Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson make cameos in the movie to bring the epilogue to life. I feel that the director Franics Lawrence and the producer Nina Jacobson will make the fans very happy.
I did have a want for this book. I wanted the book to be told from present day Haymitch so we could get the actors in the movie. Maybe like Haymitch telling our toast babies the story of his and Lenore's love and relationship.
I need Katniss and Peeta and the toast babies and the GEESE!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment