Monday, March 31, 2025

Review: Spy Family volume 9 by Tatsuya Endo

 


We are back to 4 stars for Spy Family. My girls and I immediately jumped on this volume after taking a year off and then reading volume 8 last month and also getting back into season 2 of the show. We were excited to see what kind of antics Anya and Yor would get up too.

Volume 9 started where volume 8 left off with Yor battling the last assassin and Loid going after the bombs that the informant for the assassins placed on the ship. Anya is trying to secretly help Yor. 

Ultimately our favorite family win in the end and get to spend the next day doing fun things and keeping Loid's cover as a family man in tact. 

Loid and Yor both think about why they are doing what they are doing and they both think about Anya and each other. My oldest and I just started talking about when this series eventually ends, will they be a for real family. 

Anya goes back to school and all of the kids are talking about their fun adventures and Anya tells a lie that makes her upset. Our little cutie patooties best friend Becky, who graces the cover is the reason this volume got a 4 star. She has a mission section and she is fawing and gushing and trying to flirt with Loid. It was really gross and cringe. I did like the end of her section because she is taking fighting lessons from Yor and Becky despises Yor because she snagged Loid. 

We get a Frost and Franky mission where Frost is also still pining over Loid and she has to get some help from Franky with some people and they have to fight and it was good. 

The sad thing is, is that I will not be able to read volume 10 until the end of this year because the end of season 2 is the end of this volume and I do not want to forget anything. I am hoping that season 3 will come out in October in the US and not just Japan. We will be watching the movie that came out last year after we finish season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...