Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Review: The Fairer Sex Collection 1-3 by Michelle Miller

 I started a new collection on Kindle and it is a bunch of short stories. I am going to be reading these while I am at library events with me daughters. It is Tuesday, the 10th and I read three today while sitting in my truck. These are so unrealistic and mood changing. I will be reviewing the three I read today in one post and then repeat with the rest.


The first is about a woman named Candace who is on a first date with a guy named Patrick. This is the third attempt at a first date between these two because he has had to reschedule twice. The story immediately starts off with talking about how Pinky and the Brain was the superior duo in the Animaniacs show because they got their own spinoff. 

They hit it off and Patrick invites her to leave with him and head to one of their places. He asks for the check and she is fantasizing about his fingers and hands and his mouth when suddenly, he asks her to split the check. He claims that it is because of all the equality that women want and if women want equal everything, then they should split the bills.

The thing that confused the hell out of me is that she pulls out an itemized list of everything a woman does and has to have and has yearly costs for each for male and female. It makes Patrick pay the full bill and they leave together. I was so confused and was second guessing myself about continuing the series and this was only the first one. 


I was seriously considering not reading this but then thought, why the fuck not. This was so mind blowing and a what the fuck did I just read. We follow Meredith who is going to Whole Foods after work because she has been craving a certain item all day. I have never been to Whole Foods and I will never go because I am traumatized to step into a bulk food section now.

She is waiting in the long ass lines and this dude behind her starts chatting her up and he is eating the food he is going to purchase. He tells her to go ahead because she is going to buy it anyway. She ends up eating it all and wanting more. She doesn't want to lose her place in line and the guy named Patrick, which made me think that the stories would be connected by the same guy, but they are not.

She refuses to leave the line and Patrick pulls out his phone and gets on Tinder. Meredith gets frustrated and goes back to the bulk food aisle and gets more of her choconola whatever. Patrick shows up behind her and he swipes on her Tinder profile. 

Next thing we know, they are full blown making out and getting naked. He pulls her tit out right in the aisle, What makes it even more awkward and hard to believe is that there are still customers around them shopping and pulling things off the shelf and grabbing food from the bulk food bins.

Why would you get food from where to people are fucking????? 



I went straight into the third story and I think I should have waited because I was still reeling and thinking about the Meredith story. I ended up giving this story a 2 star because Alicia just pissed me off. She works at a bank and she has wealthy clients. She is an aspiring artist and the guy in this story knows. He offers her a chance to sleep with him for a million dollars. He wants her to take the money so she can quit the job and focus on her art.

She refuses at first, and then she accepts. She is so against the whole thing and is doubting and overthinking the whole thing while walking to the hotel room. She patiently waits and then waits all night for him to show up. She gets piss drunk from the mini bar and then she leaves. The next morning, she goes to work and there is an email from the man with the bill from the hotel. He has sent her the bill for the mini bar charge and he has taken it out of the 1 million dollars he has already put into a Cayman account for her. 

I just did not see the purpose of this because what kind of man would just give a million dollars away and not show up to what he proposed. I also didn't like Alicia and what she planned to do with the money. She was going to take a trip to Paris. Bitch.... WHY????? 

I will be reading the next three stories this weekend when my kids have another library event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...