The first book I downloaded with my kindle unlimited. I had so many negative reviews for this and was expecting to dislike it, but I enjoyed reading it. The relationship could have been more fleshed out and not so instant with the feelings and declaration of love, and there was a smut scene that definitely could have been longer.
We follow a girl name Saphira and she owns a cafe in Starshine Valley and she is the only business in town that allows people to bring their baby dragons inside. She learns very quickly why the other business owners forbid them and that is because they are menaces and very destructive.
One day a baby dragon completely destroys the espresso maker and Saphira is crumbling because she feels like her dream is slowly going down the drain because of money and the constant repairs she is having to do. A guy named Aiden comes in after his baby dragon runs into the cafe. Saphira is immediately smitten with the little basalta dragon Sparky and of course Aiden. Aiden is party of the wealthy Drakkon family and he is very introverted an shy.
He sees that Sparky acts differently around Saphira and he offers to pay her to train him. She agrees because money, and immediately she does fantastic,but it won't be great if Aiden doesn't stick around to bond with his dragon.
I love the back story of how he got the egg and why he is hesitant to do anything with Sparky or even get close because he doesn't want to take part in the illegal fragon racing that his family is apart of. Aiden and Saphira get closer and they end up becoming a bonded couple with Sparky.
I loved the Mount Echo trip where Sparky did his rituals and there were close encounters in a hot springs with our couple. My favorite part was the epilogue where Aiden gets the gem back that Saphira got from the cave when she did the outsider ritual. I love that it was similar to how Sparky was described and after finishing the book, I wanted fan art of the ring.
I gave this a 4 star because I do think that the smut could have been more detailed, and I would want a cover change eventually because the dragons on the cover do not depict the main dragon in this installment.

No comments:
Post a Comment