Friday, November 9, 2018

Review: The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel



The first book to start of my Nonfiction November TBR challenge. I started reading this on the 1st and I finished it on the 9th. It was a long and repetitive chunk of a book. There were so many dates and places to remember. I should have written it down to memorize. Basically it is about the Nazi's looting millions of pieces of art work, cultural master pieces and owner less Jewish possessions and hiding these artifacts all over Germany.

This book is the recognition of The Monuments Men that was a unit of American and British soldiers that were put together to try and recover and save stolen important art works and statues and doing it with the bare minimum of supplies and help. They recovered of hundreds of thousands of stolen and looted pieces from France, Poland, Austria and other German occupied countries.

I will have to see the movie, to understand better the people who helped save the most important relics in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...