Friday, November 16, 2018

Review: Six Miles To Charleston by Bruce Orr


A short nonfiction book that was totally different from what I was expecting. I was expecting facts about the legend of John and Lavinia Fisher and how they murdered people, chopped them up and Lavinia being the first woman serial killer in America. To find out none of it is actually true and a great made up ghost story is mind blowing.

Turns out that John and Lavinia Fisher were not murderers, they did run the Six Mile House is Charleston, but they never killed anyone and chop the bodies into tiny little pieces. To fins out that they were themselves victims by the South Carolina government in property disputes. They had their rights violated and were wrongfully charged and executed for a crime they did not commit. They were sentenced for a crime that they were not charged with at all.

The first time I heard of Lavinia Fisher was on Ghost Adventures when they were in Charleston investigating the Old City Jail where she was held for a year with her husband. I had to know more because of South Carolina history and ghost stories.

To know that to this day, they are still guilty of a baseless crime, they have no grave marker ( the MUSC building is on top of John and Lavinia Fisher's grave), they were not able to have children of their own and they are known to the state, country and possibly the world as murderers. If i was a spirit and died knowing all this, I would also be one pissed off spirit.

The sad thing is, 200 years later and they have no pardon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...