Monday, May 6, 2019

BLOG TOUR: Planet Earth Is Blue by Nicole Panteleakos


Rockstar Book Tours is hosting a 2 week long blog tour for a new middle grade novel all about Autism and Space.



Title: PLANET EARTH IS BLUE
Author: Nicole Panteleakos
Pub. Date: May 14, 2019
Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books
Formats: Hardcover, eBook
Pages: 240
Find it: GoodreadsAmazonKindleB&NiBooksKoboTBD

"Tender and illuminating. A beautiful debut." --Rebecca Stead, Newbery Medal-winning author of When You Reach Me 

SummaryA heartrending and hopeful debut novel about a nonverbal girl and her passion for space exploration, for fans of See You in the CosmosMockingbird, and The Thing About Jellyfish.

Twelve-year-old Nova is eagerly awaiting the launch of the space shuttle Challenger--it's the first time a teacher is going into space, and kids across America will watch the event on live TV in their classrooms. Nova and her big sister, Bridget, share a love of astronomy and the space program. They planned to watch the launch together. But Bridget has disappeared, and Nova is in a new foster home.

While foster families and teachers dismiss Nova as severely autistic and nonverbal, Bridget understands how intelligent and special Nova is, and all that she can't express. As the liftoff draws closer, Nova's new foster family and teachers begin to see her potential, and for the first time, she is making friends without Bridget. But every day, she's counting down to the launch, and to the moment when she'll see Bridget again. Because Bridget said, "No matter what, I'll be there. I promise."


Review: Set is the 80's we follow a pre-teen autistic girl named Nova. She is a nonverbal girl who is dubbed not a talker but a thinker by her big sister Bridget. I fell in love with this little girl who loved space and was fascinated with the upcoming Challenger launch. She is definitely a thinker, she is super smart about all things space, the only thing is, is that the people around her think she doesn't know anything and she wants so badly to tell them.. "YES I DO!!"

She and her older sister Bridget are in and out of multiple foster care families after they were taken from their mother. Bridget is only present in the past pats of the story where Nova is remembering all the things that Bridget taught her about space and how foster families are sometimes forever families and sometimes not.

My middle child is obsessed with space and learning about people. I think that this book would be perfect for anybody, kid or adult. I also appreciated that this was written by a person on the Autism spectrum. It was very eye opening to how each person with autism has similarities and differences. I loved this story, most of all Nova. She is a definite Super Nova.




Giveaway Details:

3 winners will receive a finished copy of PLANET EARTH IS BLUE, US Only.


Rafflecopter Link:

Tour Schedule:
Week One:
5/6/2019- Lifestyle Of MeReview
5/7/2019- Lone Tree ReviewsReview
5/8/2019- Beagles & BooksReview
5/9/2019- Book-KeepingReview
5/10/2019- Feed Your Fiction AddictionReview

Week Two:
5/13/2019- BookHounds YAReview
5/14/2019- Bri's Book NookReview
5/15/2019- The Layaway DragonReview
5/16/2019- Here's to Happy EndingsReview
5/17/2019- Novel NoviceExcerpt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...