Saturday, August 24, 2019
Review: American Sniper by Chris Kyle
After pretty much wanting to read this since the minute I spotted it in Dollar Tree last year and having it on so many of my TBR's, I finally read it. And man was it a freakin doozy. I had to adjust myself for the tone of the writing real quick and change my expectations after I read the first couple of pages.
Chris Kyle was a tough man who is from the south as I am. He tells his story in parts and long paragraphs, which is one of my favorite writing styles to read. He had the southern twang and Texas terms in his stories. After reading a couple of the beginning parts, I had to put it down and wrap my head around it because he talked about his first kill with a sniper rifle in the first few pages. I was not expecting that. Also, when I put the book down and picked it back up, I read it in the voice of a dear friend of mine who could be a twin. This friend of mine went into the service and got deployed and got medically discharged. I finished this book in his voice and it made it more bearable to read about all the sniper kills that Chris Kyle had under his belt.
What I didn't like was how his wife's commentary didn't mesh up well with what he was talking about in the story. He could be talking about how he couldn't stand doing the admin work and the computer and his wife's commentary would be about how she would know that if re-enlisted, that she would know that all the words that he said to her would be just lies.
I also enjoyed reading about the making of the movie and how Chris was alive when the screenplay was being written and his murder obviously changed his story and the script had to be rewritten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment