Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: Caraval by Stephanie Garber


To be honest, if I had not bought the limited edition Owlcrate box for the third book in this series, I do not know when I would have picked up this book and that makes me sad because I fucking LOVED this book. It reminded me of evil Princess Sofia from the Belles and the amount of description and all the exotic imagery reminded me of The Belles and I loved it. I loved the quest aspect and how there was a clue to be found for every day of the duration of Caraval. I also have a new book boyfriend in Julian. Yes, he kind of seems like a douchebag sleaze ball, but it all makes sense in the end... DUH!

The two sisters Scarlett and Donatella are really unlikable. Donatella especially and she is only in the book for maybe 20% of it. Scarlett was irritating to no end. She would worry about her sister and then worry about her marrying the count who has a funky eye.

The magic was definitely magical and I was sucked into the game thinking it was all real. I kind of want to find some fanfiction where certain scenes stayed the way they "ended" and what certain characters would do. I think this book could have gone in so many other directions and been just as amazing. I will definitely be reading Legendary next month. That decision has solidified my September TBR where I will only be reading sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...