Saturday, October 19, 2019
Review: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
I finally read a book that I have gotten in one of my Owlcrate boxes. I have been hoarding them and for my spooky October TBR, I had to have this book on this months list because on Goodreads, it is listed in the horror genre. I have also been seeing so many good reviews and it just solidified my choice and I am so glad I did.
This is a retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I have never read or even heard of that story until this book was released and it was all over BookTube. The cover is the perfect representation of the setting and it is a perfect read for October. It has the paranormal and horror aspects with mythology and vicious murders and suicides.
We are taken on this journey with one of the twelve daughters Annaleigh. Her family is in a constant mourning phase because her sisters are dying one by one. We learn the funeral customs for the People of Salt. The grand balls and the dreaded family curse. Lies will be told and a few of the characters go a little mad.
I figured out the ending in a way. I knew the person responsible from the very beginning but I did not expect the book to end the way it did. This book is very good as a stand alone. To be honest, if the author decides to write a sequel to this, I will be slightly disappointed. The book ended perfectly and no questions were left unanswered for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment