Sunday, October 13, 2019

Review: Misery by Stephen King


I have owned this book since I was may 14 or 15 years old and I have finally read it. I used to watch the movie with my mom all the time and I thought I knew the story....NOOOOPE! This was way more intense than the movie and it actually sacred me even more.

Book Annie is way more terrifying than the Kathy Bates Annie. Annie Wilkes is a psychopath ex nurse who has an obsession with a book character named Misery. The author of these books is named Paul Sheldon. Paul has just got done writing a new novel away from the Misery series and to celebrate, he is driving across country from his New York apartment, to California. He makes a stop in Colorado and there is a bad snow storm heading directly at him. He crashes and who else saves him but his number one fan.

She keeps him prisoner for months and the only way he can be free is if he brings Misery back to life. Along the way, Annie had psychotic episodes and goes away for days at a time leaving Paul locked in his room.

The book is WAY MORE GORY than the movie and I now know why they softened it because it probably would have been X rated and not safe for children or TV for that matter. lso, this is one of Stephen King's better endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...