Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Review: Winter War Awakening by Rosalyn Eves



This is the conclusion to the Blood Rose Rebellion series. I loved the first two books and this was ok. I was somewhat disappointed with how the author decided the characters paths. It seemed that it went in a huge circle and didn't really achieve anything until the last 30 pages.

We start off with Anna, Matyas and Gabor reunited and searching for Noemi who was kidnapped by the praetheria. In the first few pages, Anna and Matyas are separated yet again and it is like that for the entire book. It goes back and forth from Matyas escaping the praetheria to Anna get caught and captured and eventually escaping to Matyas getting his spirit kidnapped while he is dream walking and Anna giving herself up stupidly.

In my opinion, the characters did not make any good choices in this installment and there were ALOT of grammatical errors. I was so excited for this book, and it feels like the author just ran out of ideas and decided to make it as frustratingly as possible for the characters and the readers.

The relationship between Anna and Gabor seemed lackluster in this book as well. Gabor knew that Anna had been kidnapped and he did not try to rescue her, he just kept writing about his location with the general and soldiers, and then he had the nerve to get pissed off at Anna for letting the letters get taken with the army's location still on the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...