Monday, November 18, 2019

Review: The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales


A book off of my TBR and it was not a great one. I was expecting to read why these kids decided to steal from celebrities and all it was was shady interviews from only two of the suspects, Alexis Neiers and Nick Prugo. This book also contained a bunch of name drops constantly and stats about the porn industry which I skimmed over because I do not give a shit about that. This book seemed to go in circles. The guy obviously confessed to get attention along with the rest of them. 

The Bling Ring consisted of well off teenagers who stole from celebrities and called it Missions or Going Shopping. There have been two movies made about this infamous gang and I have not seen either of them. What got me interested in the first place is that the 2013 movie was the first that I had seen an actor from the Harry Potter series do anything else and I was intrigued. I thought it was just a made up Hollywood story because who in there right mind would steal from celebrities. Obviously a bunch of drug addict, fame obsessed, no common sense teenagers with shitty parents.

I will be watching both movies. I would not waste your time reading this book unless you want a major headache and to read the same sentences and arguments and the words "like", "no comment" and "shut up" over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...