Monday, November 25, 2019

REVIEW: The Walking Dead: The Fall of The Governor Pt. 1 & 2 *SPOILERS*


The Fall of The Governor Pt. 1

This is the third book in the The Walking Dead novels. In the second book we were introduced to some new characters and I am happy that one of those characters, Lily is still the main POV along with the Governor.

It has been a good time between the events of the second book and the beginning of this book. Lily is going on runs and trying to push away a guy who has his sights set on her. To be honest, Lily is a complete idiot in this novel and not very conscious of her actions. I think that this certain plot point wasn't necessary and stupid.

We finally get to see Rick, Michonne and Glenn arrive in Woodbury. It is not the same as the show, but the same as the comics and we get the Governor's point of view as he is torturing Michonne and his thoughts after he does the brutal things to her. We also get more into detail about the torture that she inflicts upon him.


The Fall of the Governor Pt. 2

This part mainly focuses on Lily and Austin's relationship and the war that the Governor start with the Rick Grimes group. Also something that didn't make since in this part was the complete mount of trust that the Governor seem to put on Lily. Like the time she tried to cause a mutiny was forgotten and didn't seem like a big deal.

I liked this part better than the first because there was more action and blood and gore and emotions all wrapped up in this one and the ending was great. I can't wait to read book 5 and how Woodbury prospers under new leadership.

I also was kind of hoping that the baby that was "killed" wasn't really and it would have made for an amazing plot twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...