Sunday, May 17, 2020

Review: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin



It took me two weeks to read this. This is the third installment in the Song of Ice and Fire series and it is my favorite one so far. I was irritated at first that it was taking me so long to get through it, but now I am glad that I took my time because I remember a lot more of this one than the second book. 

One thing that I really enjoyed was having the POV of Theon Greyjoy out. I did not enjoy reading from his perspective in A Clash of Kings. I also didn't like reading from Davos in the second book, but in this one, I got my first shock factor when he was meeting with King Stannis. 

Some of the important parts I knew from being spoiled on Tumblr because of the show and then the other morning I was spoiled again by some show pics on Instagram and the book 4 synopsis. 

The main thing I have to tell you all about this book is that we are down a couple of kings and dire wolves. Alliances are made and broken and some characters are becoming more developed and some are just meeting their end. I have been waiting to watch the second season until after I finished reading this installment and now I can binge the second and third seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...