Sunday, September 13, 2020

Review: A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin

 


After reading the third book, I seriously wanted to pick up this right after but held off and stuck to my schedule. I was supposed to read this book back in July but thanks to Covid closing libraries in March, my town library decided to open back up in July and all of the holds I requested the day the libraries closed came in and I became swamped. Granted I did get to keep them for 4 weeks longer than usual. But I was getting crowded and I felt hoarder-ish, so I decided to make July an all library book month. 

I pushed this back to August which I already knew was a bad idea because we started school back and these books take a good week and a half to read. Then I was overwhelmed by the amount of ebooks I had from blog tours and decided to make those a priority in August, so now this book was pushed back another month. 

It was the first book I picked up for September and I flew through it after a couple days slow start. I will admit that these tomes are slow to start and some of the characters that he introduced, you think who the hell is this and why are they here. Sometimes, I actually forget the character because George R. R. Martin has a bad habit of putting a main character section in the front and then not putting another section from that character POV until the very end.

Once again, I have given this book a four stars. It will never be a 5 star for me for the sheer amount of sexual abuse and misogyny. I did really enjoy Cersei's chapters in this tome and I hated the cliffhangers for her and Jaime's chapters. 

Going into this installment, I knew that it was split and I was not sure if I should have gone by a reading order that I found years ago. Right now I say just read them in publication order. I may sing a different tune after reading A Dance With Dragons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...