I am obsessed with this series. It is more grownup than the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. This is the third installment in the Heroes of Olympus series. In the first book, we follow Jason, Leo and Piper. Jason is a roman demigod, the son of Jupiter. In the second book, Percy makes a reappearance and we also meet Frank and Hazel. Percy is a Greek demigod, son of Poseidon and he arrives at Camp Jupiter, the Roman camp.
The book starts off with a civil war between the newly arrived Leo and Piper who are from Camp Half-Blood, the Greek camp. Leo gets possessed by Ediolons and he fires onto the Roman camp. The seven demigods flee aboard a flying ship and they become the seven of current prophecy.
The book has three separate quests but they all have a main endgame. I was kind of annoyed by how the quest I was reading would end in a cliffhanger and then the next chapter would go to another quest and pick up where it left off. Most of the time, this blended perfectly but the rest I was just so engrossed in the quest I was reading, that I didn't care about the others.
I did tear up at the end when Percy and Annabeth were hanging off the pit and Annabeth told Percy to let her go and he told her never and they fell into the Tartarus pit together.

No comments:
Post a Comment