I have finally read this book a year after receiving it for a blog tour spot. It is October and this was the first book that I put at the very top of my TBR pile for the month. I did not know what to expect. I thought it was going to be a middle grade, but it is more of YA-Adult. It does have adult sexy times.
We follow a woman named Tuesday Mooney from Salem, Massachusetts. She is very goth and she is a high level researcher for a company that throws auctions and raises money for the Boston Hospital. Her job is to "spy" or gather information on rich people and ask them to give their money away.
On a night that she is working at an auction, one of these rich people, a guy named Vincent Pryce straight up dies. He lives a rather interesting obituary, inviting the people of Boston to come play a game. Very SAW inspired to me. The quest is centered around his love for Edgar Allen Poe.
Tuesday is the first player in the game who finds the first clue and is the first to get arrested, so she becomes a household name while this game is going. She is also being haunted by her former best friend who was murdered when they were teenagers.
I give this a 4 out of 5 because I really enjoyed the plot lines of murdered teens, vanishing fathers and a game inspired by one of my favorite poets of all time, Edgar Allen Poe. What I didn't like was the romance that kept being forced and the way Archie was as a person. he couldn't stand up for himself and he wasn't man enough in my opinion.
I did love Dex who is my favorite character out of all of them. He sings karaoke and does drag.

No comments:
Post a Comment